Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Freedom of Bondage

[This was a reply to an article by Bob Lonsberry (8-12-03) on his site about getting government to make marraiges be only between a man and a woman.]

Although I do not approve of the gay life style, life choice, or whatever. I do believe this is still a free country. I served over 20 years in the Air Force to make sure it stayed that way!

When we talk about fighting for our rights and freedoms this country provides each of us, you all are the first to raise the patriotic cheer.

If there is a group trying to exercise their right to utilize that freedom you jump on the hypocrite wagon.

Christianity is not the only religion/belief system in America! Anyone have a problem with that or care to state that it is? Go ahead and show your stupidity!

That being said, I think Christians have every right to state that marriage is indeed their doctrine, and as such should be only between a man and a woman. Marriage is, after all, a Christian belief.

On the other hand, gays, or any other non-Christian person should also have every right to be bonded in any such similar form as they wish, and should be able to receive the same governmental privileges as those who are married in the Christian way.

This is not the United States of Christians! And I for one am getting really sick and tired of hearing how if you're not Christian, then you must be lower then whale crap.

I have one simple question for you "Christians". Do you truly love your fellow man, and treat them as you would have them treat you?

Most of what I read on these comments every day from people who call themselves Christians are one of the reasons I don't call myself that any more.

Zealots and fanatics can be found everywhere. I believe there is a passage that says, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Go ahead, start flinging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Politics and Common Sense

  I realize the two terms seem at odds with each other, but let me explain where I am going with this.   During President Trump’s ter...