Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Answer Me, These Questions...5?

Apparently there is a blog-tag (would that be the correct term for this time-waster?) going around that asks the question, “Name five things that people with whom you generally associate think are really cool, but that leave you cold."

Seems like a funky way to bring back the annoying chain letter to me, but since this is the first time I have been “tagged” I'll play your silly games.

1) Of course many of you know that first and foremost I must say that religious zealots drive me nutty. It's God this, and Jesus that, and did you hear what Buddha says about life and death? Don't get me started about the Wiccans who are on the rise because it seems it is no longer fashionable to burn them at the stake (kidding all you Earth-loving people you).

2) Linux will save the world! No really, just install these drivers, modify these libraries, make sure your equipment is compatible, use Firefox as your browser 'cause we all know Microsoft sucks and then make your screen resolution as high as it will go since this is the Linux way. What do you mean I have to manually install Java before I can read this website? Why did my sound stop working after the last upgrade? What is so dang cute about a penguin with a briefcase? Of course, I'm writing this on my Ubuntu Linux machine, so it can't be all bad.

3) Everyone must go to college and spend thousands and thousands of dollars to get a little piece of paper that said you went to school and spent your share of the money so someone will hire you. Apparently there is a secret society that is trying to only hire people dumb enough to part with a huge chunk of their earnings before they are actually able to earn huge chunks of money. What ever happened to the apprentice program? Hey, it's good enough for Donald Trump!

4) Desperate Housewives. I started watching this show because I still have a crush on Terri Hatcher from the old “Lois & Clark” days. Quickly I discovered that this seems like a soap opera for a nighttime audience. This show has taken off like gangbusters probably because the “Sex in the City” crowd were wandering around looking for something else to watch. I'm glad they have found an audience, it just doesn't do anything for me. I watch too many shows as it is, I didn't need to add another one to my lineup.

5) Junk food. There are so many fast food restaurants that it makes me sick just driving down the road and thinking about all the grease pouring into the meals that are spewing forth from the counters and drive-through windows. What pisses me off even more, is that I eat at these same poison shacks almost daily! I took a survey the other day so I could win a large sum of money, and one of the questions it asked was how many 8oz glasses of soda do you drink a week. Remembering my mathematical word-problem solving skills from elementary school, I divided my various 44oz cups into 8oz sizes and realized to my horror that I consume about 30 8oz servings of soda a week! Holy crap! Couple this with the information that Pepsi is close to drinking pure battery acid, among other health problems with drinking soda, and something has to stop. Hopefully it won't be my heart.

So there you have it, five things for you all to learn about how I view life in general.

Let's see, I think I'll tag these three folks and see what they come up with. Heather Digital Cowgirl Jesster

Update: Jesster's 5
Update: Digital Cowgirl's 5

1 comment:

Politics and Common Sense

  I realize the two terms seem at odds with each other, but let me explain where I am going with this.   During President Trump’s ter...