Friday, July 15, 2016

The Problem Is Not The Problem



"The problem is not the problem.  The problem, is your attitude about the problem." 
- Captain Jack Sparrow

I have this quote on the door to my office, because even though it comes from a movie character, it is very profound.

Most of what we deal with in life can be viewed as a problem.  From daily tasks, to interacting with other people, all are potential problems.

If you are mad at someone, the problem is your attitude being mad, not that the person was an asshat toward you.

How we handle situations is what gets us through life happy, or depressed.

Going through life pissed at the world, your job, your family, or your car, is not the universe out to get you. It's how you are choosing to live within the universe.

Don't get me wrong, I have my days when I let life get the better of me, and I get upset.  When I stop to think about it though, I get through it because I know the anger I feel is of my own making. I choose to move on, and get over it.

Dwelling on anything that has upset you is not healthy.

We are about to go head first into a political storm where we are faced with the prospect of two candidates that are honestly not our best foot forward as a country.

Those who know me well understand that I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat. I am an American first, and I will vote for whoever I think will be best for this country.

When president Obama was elected, although I did not vote for him, as an American my "attitude" was to support who was elected. We need to support those who have been placed in positions over us, because it's the right thing to do.

It doesn't matter if we agree with them, but everyone deserves a chance. Your boss, your parents, and even the president you didn't want.

We can complain, and discuss issues of what they are doing right and wrong, but ultimately we must support them.

Don't be confused with supporting them, and not supporting their policies and direction.  Two different things.

Currently, I don't agree with about 90% of what our president does, but as the office of the president, I will stand by him.

The same will hold true with whomever wins the upcoming election.  No matter which candidate wins, I will stand by them and hope they get their political act together and do a great job running this country.

If they falter, again regardless of who it is, I will be right in the front lines screaming my dissatisfaction.

After all it's not the problem, it's how we treat the problem that counts.

Be American first! Or whatever country you live in. Support your country, support your fellow humans, support the world population in the wake of these recent tragedies!

Don't give up on us, or give in to hatred toward others. We're all in this together.

Lets practice support and love for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Politics and Common Sense

  I realize the two terms seem at odds with each other, but let me explain where I am going with this.   During President Trump’s ter...