Sunday, August 03, 2003

The New Journal

As you can see, this is the first entry of this blog that does not have at the end that it was written at another time and place.

I have decided to host my own journal so that I could control its "look and feel" a bit more, and I also found one that would allow you, the reader, to comment on my words.

The thought of typing out here in cyberspace without getting any feedback just seemed wrong. After all, why should you be subject to read my opinions, which will certainly strike a nerve in many of you, without giving you the same opportunity to strike back?

Please make a small attempt to keep your comments constructive. People will be more inclined to read well thought out replies instead of short, "you suck" type of comments. If you disagree, let me know exactly why. If you agree, I'd like to know that too!

There are times when I feel alone in my viewpoint of life in general. To me, many of my observations are so basic, yet it seems that nobody else is looking through the same eyes as me. Every once in a while, when I have the ability to discuss some of these topics with others, I'm heartened to discover that I'm not alone at all. It's just that we have been bred for so long not to question some things and folks are downright terrified to even bring up the subjects!

How often are we told not to discuss religion, sex, and a whole smattering of other topics, for fear we may offend someone else? Schools even practice this attitude, which is downright scary to me.

Keep reading here and we'll just throw it all out on the table for everyone to see. Comment if you'd like. Don't be afraid to spill your opinions and feelings out in the open for everyone to share. Heck, I've pretty much stripped naked and bore my soul here for all to read. Scary? You bet! It's nice to get it all out in the open though.

Come on in and join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Politics and Common Sense

  I realize the two terms seem at odds with each other, but let me explain where I am going with this.   During President Trump’s ter...