Friday, August 08, 2008

Eight, Eight, Oh Eight!

I was in class when I realized it was 08/08/08.

Not only was this an interesting date because of the numbers, but tonight I watched the most breathtaking ceremony I have ever seen.

China has done themselves proud for their successful opening ceremonies for this years summer olympics. Regardless of political differences, or anything else, you cannot say that China did not do a fantastic job creating, and executing, probably the most amazing show in the history of the world.

Congratulations China, your country has shined, and you should all be proud.

It's safe to say that China is one of the oldest countries, with some of the richest history.

Many people will hate China regardless of what they do, and I understand this animosity because they have done many things that we do not consider civilized.

My hope is that one day China will overcome their problems with how they treat people who do not bend to their will, and work harder to join the countries who treat people more humanely so we can put the past behind us.

This ceremony is a great step in that direction.

If you saw the ceremony, I'd love to hear your comments.

By the way, did you notice the rings in the Olympic flag make multiple figure eights?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Politics and Common Sense

  I realize the two terms seem at odds with each other, but let me explain where I am going with this.   During President Trump’s ter...