Thursday, April 01, 2004

My Spiritual Quest

Religion is a huge part of somebody’s life, and therefore must be thought of deeply, and honestly. Many people automatically take on the religion they have grown up with. It makes sense that whatever they have learned from their parents would equate to how they believe and eventually hand down to their children as well.

There are also those who feel that the path their parents followed does not seem right for them. These people then go on a spiritual quest in hope of finding something that they can believe in and that encompasses what they truly feel and believe.

After all of my searching for the right religion, I have finally found one that I can believe in! The religion I have chose offers hope, spirituality, goodwill, and most of all, a sense of adventure. For those who have been reading this website regularly, this may come as a shock to you. Yes, you heard me right. My spiritual quest has ended, and my spiritual journey has just begun!

Years ago a film came out that offered a different view of religion, and created a universal view of life and how it all interacts within the biological matrix of the universe. The religion that sprang forth from this film, although made up at the time, has grown into a viable alternative to the usual choices. This religion is Jediism.

There is a movement ongoing that is working hard to make Jediism a recognized religion in the world. You can visit their website at www.jediism.org and see what they are trying to achieve.

I am eager to begin my journey along the path of the Jedi, and bring even greater illumination to my understanding of the spiritual path I have chosen.

Jediism not only sprang from the motion picture industry, but has found that the belief of the Force is anchored firmly in the Eastern religious disciplines. Who knew that Hinduism, Confucionism, Buddhism, Gnosticism, Stoicism, Catholicism, Taoism, Shinto, Modern Mysticism, the Way of the Shaolin Monks, the Knight's Code of Chivalry and the Samurai Warriors would be the foundation that was later to become Jediism?

I can’t begin to express the joy I am now feeling knowing that there are others in the world who believe as I do. I can’t wait to embrace my Inner Jedi, and to begin learning the ways of the Force such as Jedi Budo, the martial art of Jediism.

There are 21 Maxims of the Jediism Code. When studied and truly taken to heart, they make up all that a student of Jediism should be. I have begun doing various meditations that have been explained in detail on the Jediism website. Already I am feeling at one with the universe.

If you are feeling that the spiritual path you have been following is going nowhere. I invite you to come and check out Jediism with an open mind. I don’t want to hear any snickering about how the term Jedi came about. We have transcended the origins of Jediism and have brought it to an entirely new place. That place is where we can be one with the spiritual universe that encompasses all living things.

Master Yoda said, “Do, or do not. There is no try”.

It’s time to stop trying to fit into the religion of your family and friends, and time to do something about it. Do join those of us who believe in the power of the Force, and soon you too may be able to lift a box, and rock while standing on your head. Above all, you should know that I could not resist writing a little something for April Fools Day! Did I get ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Politics and Common Sense

  I realize the two terms seem at odds with each other, but let me explain where I am going with this.   During President Trump’s ter...