Sunday, April 04, 2004

Nonsense!

There are times when something happens that just doesn’t make sense to me. Little things like thinking about someone and they either call, or show up at some place where you are.

This happened to me last night. I was at a restaurant and for some reason I began thinking of the woman that cuts my hair. Now I’m certain my wife will think this is something horrible, but I assure you, I don’t go around thinking about her on a daily basis. In fact, I normally only think about her when my hair begins to look bushy. That's what makes this so strange.

It’s not like the person magically showed up out of thin air, but they were there in a crowded restaurant, and I began thinking about them. I think this is significant. This seems to me to be proof that our minds are capable of sensing, and interacting with others in ways different then the obvious verbal form of communication.

Was this communication? Did I only begin thinking of her when she saw me at the restaurant? I was not thinking about her until about ten minutes before she came over to say hi and that she had seen me there.

I have had this same type of experience with my father. On numerous occasions I had suddenly started thinking about him and the phone would ring and guess who it is? Many times I tell him that I was just thinking about him.

This type of thing does not happen to me all of the time. I’m not saying here that I am some sort of psychic, or that I have any special powers. This latest incident, however, was really weird. I sort of felt like I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Regardless of the cause, it is a fact that it happened to me, and up until last night it normally has only occurred between me and my father. Either that or it does happen more frequently but not as obvious as this time made it seem.

We have all heard stories of people saying they had a feeling something was going to happen, or other such things, and I know when I hear those tales I am always a bit skeptical. Now, I seem to be the teller of the tale. Do you believe me?

April first has past, and I assure you that what I am telling you really happened. So what does this mean to you? Have you had these types of obvious experiences in the past? Perhaps you have had an unexplainable link with a close member of your family, or with a friend?

Could this be the proof that the “Force” that I feel interconnects us all really exists? If not, it is sure a strong example that something is going on, and if not the Force, then what? What is your explanation on how we can sense someone else from across a room, or across the world?

The events happened, and are true. They cannot be said to be a coincidence or simply made up. For a long time we have heard that we only use a small portion of our minds capability. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to enhance the ability to communicate with only our minds?

Just a little food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Politics and Common Sense

  I realize the two terms seem at odds with each other, but let me explain where I am going with this.   During President Trump’s ter...