Friday, April 16, 2004

There Just Is...

In the past I have written little poems here and there, the majority of which were to my wife. Nothing done well, mainly little silly rhyms centered around my love for her.

I have spent some time recently on a poetry website by accident. It was during research for my "50 States Under God" article.

Doing my job I often travel through the mountains of Washington, Idaho and Montana. While driving there is time to think about many things, and on one such recent trip I considered writing a poem.

Following, is the result.

= = = = = = = =

Evil dwells in the darkness
Trying to surface
The walls are high and steep
Seemingly insurmountable

To evil, there is no right
There is no wrong
There just is…

Light is pure and good
Some even say it is Holy
The walls are high and steep
Seemingly insurmountable

To light, there is no right
There is no wrong
There just is…

Between is gray
Touching light and dark
The walls are high and steep
Seemingly insurmountable

Within the gray, there is no right
There is no wrong
There just is…

- Rick Henderson

= = = = = = = =

If you'd like to share your own poetry, I have set up a category in the forums for just that purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Politics and Common Sense

  I realize the two terms seem at odds with each other, but let me explain where I am going with this.   During President Trump’s ter...